Emergency Services

There may be circumstance that an emergency response is required when dealing with people who hoard and/or live in squalor. Emergency services to consider are Police, Fire, Ambulance, Animal Rescue Services and services related to concerns around children/dependants.

Fire, police and Ambulance
Call 000 in an emergency.

Country Fire Authority (CFA)
CFA have numerous resources and procedures to manage the fire risks related to Hoarding including . For further information go to their website

Child Protection Crisis Line
131 278 – toll free for all Victoria (24 hours, 7 days a week)

Animal health and safety
For emergencies related to Animal health and safety go to RSPCA.